When you’re in Carlsbad, simply put, it’s all good. You’ll experience a vibe that is quintessentially California and unlike anywhere else.
Located just 45 miles north of San Diego, Carlsbad embodies the Southern California lifestyle. It’s the ultimate coastal destination to unwind and have an unforgettable escape. It offers abundant access to seven miles of pristine beaches and outdoor recreation, including surfing, biking, hiking trails, and championship-caliber golf courses.
Attractions including LEGOLAND California, the Museum of Making Music, the Carlsbad Aquafarm, and the iconic Flower Fields provide an ideal family experience.
Foodies will enjoy exploring this amazing culinary and brewery destination. The town offers a myriad of award-winning resorts and hotels, boasting both luxury and budget-friendly options. The temperate climate leads to the opportunity to book executive retreats, conferences, or events throughout the year. There’s something for everyone in Carlsbad!
Things to Do
Beaches, theme parks, hiking and biking, shopping, and foodie adventures. It’s all good here.
- Beaches: Seven miles of beaches are perfect for hiking, biking, surfing, or quiet strolls to unwind.
- Theme Parks: Featuring more than 60 rides, shows, and attractions, LEGOLAND California theme park is an interactive experience and fun for the whole family.
- Shopping: Offering more than 85 designer and name-brand outlet stores at Carlsbad Premium Outlets, one of San Diego’s premier shopping destinations.
- Carlsbad Village is a unique culinary destination ranging from a Michelin-star restaurant to tacos and steak to pizza, sushi, and vegetarian options. Save room for ice cream and gelato! You can also enjoy wine bars, coffee houses, and breweries during your visit.
- The only oyster farm in Southern California is the Carlsbad Aquafarm. It offers daily tours with an opportunity to shuck oysters.
- Museum of Making Music: Discover and play musical instruments at this unique museum that tells the story of how instruments were made, used, and sold.
- Hiking and Biking Trails: The extensive trail system ranges from leisurely to strenuous. You’ll also find a hiking trail leading to a dormant volcano!
Located straight up the coast from downtown San Diego and the San Diego International Airport (SAN), it’s approximately a 45-minute drive from the airport to Carlsbad. Many options are available to assist with transportation. The Coaster, a train that serves all of San Diego County coastline starting at the Santa Fe Depot in downtown San Diego, with a stop in the Carlsbad Village. Amtrak’s Pacific Surfliner train also has nearby stations to Carlsbad and originates from the Santa Fe Depot.
McClellan-Palomar Airport in Carlsbad is a gateway to and from San Diego’s North County. The airport serves the general aviation community, corporate aircraft, and commercial services. Major corporations and world-class resorts are just minutes away.
Looking for FREE transportation when you visit? The Carlsbad Good Ride is a free visitor transportation program, designed for visitors to get from their lodging to key destinations within the are. The beach, attractions, dining, and shopping are within easy reach. Circuit provides the Good Ride Service through a grant funded by the Carlsbad Tourism Business Improvement District.
Consider this your invitation to discover amazing Carlsbad, California. Whether you want an action-packed getaway or a relaxing retreat, you’ll find the perfect hotel or resort to suit your style. With beautiful beaches, a vibrant restaurant scene, and attractions and activities for all, Carlsbad is all about playing your way. It’s all good here.
For more information or to book your stay, visit https://visitcarlsbad.com/.
—Photos provided by Visit Carlsbad—