FWT Magazine Submission Guidelines
FWT Magazine is a digital magazine published quarterly by the International Food, Wine and Travel Writers Association (IFWTWA). Our global network of more than 400 members are journalists, bloggers and freelance writers who uncover the amazing experiences of food, wine and travel around the world.
- Submission is open only to regular members of IFWTWA. Associate Members may not contribute content but are encouraged to advertise in the magazine. Learn more about becoming a member of IFWTWA.
- Please review previous issues to familiarize yourself with the type of content we publish. Articles should be experiential sharing a personal perspective on the topic you’re covering. Readers want to hear personal experiences. Articles should be non-promotional.
- All articles submitted must be original content and may not have been previously published on any platform, including personal blogs.
- Please send the editors an email with an overview of the article you plan to submit. It does not need to be a formal pitch but will help us in planning out the next issue.
- Contributors must have full rights to content and photos submitted. We will not accept stock photos or Creative Commons photos. All photos must be high quality and include proper captions and attribution (see submitting your article for more details).
- Spell check, proofread and fact check your article before submitting, and verify all hyperlinks are working properly. Our editors will only do a minimum of proofing and editing; too many errors will result in your article being returned or rejected. FWT Magazine’s editorial staff uses The Associated Press Stylebook as a guide for editing.
- As a contributor, you will be expected to share your article content, and that of other contributors, across your social media platforms (ideally more than once). It is everyone’s responsibility to help grow the FWT Magazine audience. Please review our tips for contributors.
- When you are ready to upload your content, please read and follow the step-by-step directions on submitting your article.
Word Count: 800-1400 words
Photo Requirements: Three to five high-quality photos are required.
Please include a brief bio in your ‘User’ profile in the left hand column, 50 words maximum. The first sentence will automatically appear on the FWT Magazine contributors page. Please include links to your blog and your IFWTWA profile. Do not include a byline in the text of your article.
FWT Magazine uses Gravatar to populate its profile photos. If you do not have a Gravatar account, sign up for one here.
Publication Dates and Deadlines
FWT Magazine is published on March 22, June 21, September 21 and December 22 (the beginning of each season). Deadlines for articles are three weeks prior to each publication date.
Deadline: May 21
Publication date: June 21
Deadline: August 22
Publication date: September 22
Deadline: November 21
Publication date: December 21